Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Entrepreneur
Presenter: Perry Sholes, SHRM-SCP, SPHR - President of Progressive HR Strategies Inc
- This Session/s begins with an overview of psychological type.
- Each person will use Table exercise to identify their TYPE.
- The Attendees use Polling software to enter TYPE & Establish Group Type
- Introduce the Concept of Optionally Balanced Culture
- Using the Balanced Culture Model we discuss adding team members in a start up or growing environment
- Following that is a review of the eight preferences of psychological type—what they look like on a balanced culture and how they might affect it.
- We also introduce research from several studies on Entrepreneurship and MBTI Types
- Overall objective of this session is to introduce Type and how the Entrepreneur can become aware of their type and how to effectively leverage other types in building a great company
This workshop is designed to enable participants to
- Introduction of Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Understand the sixteen MBTI Types
- Understand the importance of optimally balanced culture
- Identify the implications of an imbalanced culture
- Develop strategies for enhancing decisions that impact the balance of the company culture
- Identify the nature of Entrepreneurship work and responsibilities, blind spots, stresses, etc.
Workshop Target and Timing
- The is a public workshop for Entrepreneurs or Business Leaders
- Entrepreneurship Conference, or any grouping of Small Business Leaders
- This is a 45 – 90 Minute session.
- More in-depth discussion of Entrepreneur Research and Type can be customized into a half day session
It is designed for use with groups or teams, so it is not dependent on participants’ knowing each other in advance.