Striving While...? Getting to Your Goals without Losing Your Soul!
- Being a Person Of Color or any Minority in any company can be challenging. It’s even more challenging when you are the ONE or one of a few. As a POC not only are you trying to figure out the technical aspects of your new job, you are navigating through a world that has many unwritten rules, norms and customs. In addition to all these things, for some people it may be their first experience with a POC or minority. The career of a POC gets more challenging as they ascend the organization with even fewer POCs. The session is based on a book “Striving While Black!” by Kwame Salter. Kwame is my mentor. We met at Kraft Foods Company where he was Executive VP Human Resources.The session will examine what individuals and companies can do to help make the transition and inclusion of diverse talent work in their favor and accomplish retention goals.
- Career Intelligence Quotient (CIQ): Organizational Savvy, Mastering Interpersonal Skills, & Learning Agility
- Mastering the Five P’s!: Poise, Presence, Projection, Persistence, Politics
- Tactics for Getting to Your Goals – Overview of Seven Principles Key to Success
- Best practices for companies who recruit diverse talent and strive to retain that talent
Previous Speaking Engagement at Louisiana SHRM Diversity Summit - February 23, 2018.
- Click Link below for Diversity Summit Details
- Striving While…..? Getting to your Goal without Losing Your Soul!
- Link to Brief Video of Striving While....Recorded Feb 23, 2018