ENHANCING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE Through Myers-Briggs® Type
Presenter: Perry Sholes, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – President of Progressive HR Strategies Inc
Overview of the Workshop:
The Enhancing Emotional Intelligence workshop is designed to explore the important links between psychological type and emotional intelligence. Our primary goal is to enable participants to experience the practical usefulness of type while working as leaders in their organizations. In the most basic sense, we want the leaders who are participating in the workshop to see type as a dynamic model that can assist them in managing emotional situations. Our type, which influences our perception and judgments about information is an important factor in developing emotional intelligence and leadership effectiveness.
Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Enhanced performance as a leader
or team manager
- Happiness and well-being
- Improved performance at work
- Productive problem solving
- Increased understanding of self and others
- More effective teamwork
- Increased engagement
- Better management of difficult interactions
This workshop is designed to enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of emotional intelligence
- Explore how to understand and effectively manage emotions
- Identify and understand both intrapersonal and interpersonal elements of emotional intelligence
- Understand the impact of Myers-Briggs type on perception of and response to emotions
- Develop strategies for enhancing emotional intelligence
It is designed for use with groups or teams, so it is not dependent on participants’ knowing each other in advance.
Participants must take the MBTI personality inventory and have their results interpreted by a professional before attending the workshop.
Who Should Attend:
- Perfect for professionals at all levels within an organization; individual contributors and leaders with direct reports.
- Professionals who manage cross functional teams.
- In-Tact Teams, looking to improve the team dynamics, communications and outcomes.
Customized program to your organization:
- Full Day session
- Multiple Half-Day Series