Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Human Resources
Presenter: Perry Sholes, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – President of Progressive HR Strategies Inc
- This Session/s begins with an overview of psychological type.
- Each person will use Table exercise to identify their TYPE.
- The Attendees use Polling software to enter TYPE & Establish Group Type
- Introduce the Concept of Optionally Balanced Culture
- Using Table Exercise the Table Groups
- Tables assume they are a Management Company or HR Department, work through an assessment of how Balanced the culture of their team?
- Discuss what approaches can the team deploy to become more balanced.
- Following that is a review of the eight preferences of psychological type—what they look like on a balanced culture and how they might affect it.
- Lastly the group will look at the various aspects of HR Departments and where they fall within MBTI.
This workshop is designed to enable participants to
- Introduction of Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Understand the sixteen MBTI Types
- Understand the importance of optimally balanced culture
- Identify the implications of an imbalanced culture
- Develop strategies for enhancing decisions that impact the balance of the company culture
- Identify the nature of Human Resources work and responsibilities, where those task fall on the balanced organization chart
Workshop Target and Timing
- The is a public workshop for professional Human Resources Groups
- SHRM Monthly Meeting or SHRM Conference
- This is a 45 – 90 Minute session.
It is designed for use with groups or teams, so it is not dependent on participants’ knowing each other in advance.