Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Leader Communication
Presenter: Perry Sholes, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – President of Progressive HR Strategies Inc
Overview of the Workshop:
The Leader Communication workshop is designed to explore the important links between psychological type and leader communication. Our primary goal is to enable participants to experience the practical usefulness of type while working as leaders in their organizations. In the most basic sense, we want the leaders who are participating in the workshop to see type as a dynamic model that can assist them in communicating ideas and instructions to others and, equally important, in being effective listeners. Our type, which influences our perception and judgments about information is an important factor in developing enhanced communication and leadership effectiveness.
This module emphasizes the critical role type plays in all communication and explores the rich differences in style. We will identify strengths of the different types as well as potential sources of miscues and misunderstandings. Through learning how different types approach communication, leaders have a greater chance to increase the effectiveness of their efforts.
When participants have completed this module they should be able to:
- Readily identify specific communication patterns, as well as the strengths of these patterns and potential issues that must be acknowledged and addressed.
- Clarify and reframe information to better suit the communication styles of others.
- See type as a tool for building stronger relationships among all individuals in the leadership-follower equation.
- Identify biases and hot buttons for listeners that distort meaning when they are communicating with others.
- Communicate more completely and listen more intently.
Participants must take the MBTI personality inventory and have their results interpreted by a professional before attending the workshop.
Who Should Attend:
- Perfect for professionals at all levels within an organization; individual contributors and leaders with direct reports.
- Professionals who manage cross functional teams.
- In-Tact Teams, looking to improve the team dynamics, communications and outcomes.
Customized program to your organization:
- Full Day session
- Multiple Half-Day Series