Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Leader Development
Presenter: Perry Sholes, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – President of Progressive HR Strategies Inc
Overview of the Workshop:
The Leader Development workshop is designed to teach participants how to enhance and develop their leadership effectiveness using the principles of psychological type. This module begins by encouraging leaders to become aware of their typical paths in daily activities and what happens if they over or under-use their natural tendencies. This leads to an exploration of both acknowledged and unacknowledged leader strengths and vulnerabilities as well as an investigation of the core processes in leadership development. Participants will then explore development options and work on creating their own development plans. The workshop ends by investigating leaders values that can engender awareness of important, larger potential contributions and inspire transformations in those whom they lead.
When participants have completed this module they should be able to:
- Understand the pathways to leader development suggested by type
- Identify leader strengths and blind spots by type
- Create a plan for enhancing leadership effectiveness through type development
- Explore sources of potential development and support by type
- Identify five key values that promote effective leadership and understand the relationship of the psychological type model to these values
- Understand how leaders can utilize the core cognitive functions of the sixteen types and five values
Participants must take the MBTI personality inventory and have their results interpreted by a professional before attending the workshop.
Who Should Attend:
- Perfect for professionals at all levels within an organization.
- Individual contributors soon to be in people management role and leaders with direct reports.
- Professionals who manage cross functional teams.
- Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs.
Customized program to your organization:
- Full Day session
- Multiple Half-Day Series